Koala Baby Changing Stations ship complete with all safety straps, bag hooks, mounting instructions, and hardware
Koala Kare baby changing station is fabricated of rotationally molded high density polypropylene with Microban antimicrobial additive embedded into the plastic material. Equipped with a pneumatic cylinder for controlled opening and closing. Bed is secured to back with a reinforced full length steel pivot rod in a metal tube hinge. No hinge structure is exposed on interior or exterior surfaces. Dual cavity liner dispenser holds approximately 50 - KB150-99 bed liners. Graphical instructions and safety messages in four languages included.
To ensure proper installation and compliance to building codes, it is recommended that a qualified person or carpenter perform the installation of the unit. The unit must be properly installed onto a permanent wall that is capable of supporting significant weight and can accommodate the supplied installation hardware. The Koala Baby Changing Station meets ADA regulations when properly installed.
1. Remove the station from the shipping container and check for any freight damage. Identify the best location for installing the unit. Hold the unit in place and open the bed. Make sure you have taken the operating clearance into consideration.
2. Determine the best method of mounting based on the type of wall. You may have to purchase toggles.
3. The oval unit has four mounting holes provided in the back wall, positioned on a 16” (406 mm) stud center. If possible, locate the wood or metal studs for fastening the unit in the desired location. If the walls do not have studs on 16” center as outlined, make sure at least one side of the unit is installed into the stud. Use toggles for holes on the opposite side.
4. Find the stud where you will be attaching the left side of the unit to the wall. Measure up from the floor 42¼” (1,073 mm), at the center of the stud, and mark the wall. Mark remaining holes using a measuring tape to make sure the holes are precisely positioned. Hold unit in place to verify. Use a 1/8” drill bit to make pilot holes then use four ¼” x 3” panhead wood screws with washers (supplied) to secure the unit to the studs. If the wall surface is masonry or tile over studs, use a 7/32” masonry drill bit for the pilot hole until you hit the stud. Change bit to 1/8” regular drill bit. Use four ¼” x 3” panhead wood screws with washers (supplied). If the wall has wood studs that are not on 16” (406 mm) centers, has metal studs or an underlying surface of concrete block, drill with a ½” masonry bit. (You may have to purchase toggles before installing.) You must allow a minimum of inside wall space for toggles to turn, depending on toggles used. Insert and tighten toggles.
5. Once the unit has been secured to the wall, use the two screw hole plugs provided to cap the upper two mounting hole recesses. Position the plug over the recess and push it into place using hand pressure. Do not hammer the plug in as it will damage the plug. Once the plug is flush with the surface stop pushing and install the second one.
6. Position Koala sign (supplied) on the outside of the restroom door.
Unit shall conform to ICC A117.1-2009 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities, ASTM F 2285-04 Standard Consumer Safety Performance Specification for Diaper Changing Tables for Commercial Use, ANSI Z535.4 Product Safety Signs and Labels, EN 12221:2008, TUV Certified, and ASTM G21 Antifungal Standards or local code if more stringent installation requirements are applicable for Barrier-free accessibility. Unit shall comply with ADA regulations when properly installed.
Concealed pneumatic cylinder and hinge structure provides controlled, slow opening and closing of bed. High-density polyethylene is easy to clean and resists odors and bacterial growth. Complies with ASTM static load performance requirements when properly installed.
Koala warrants that at the time that any baby changing station is delivered to Purchaser, they will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service, with proper maintenance, for a period of five (5) years. These warranties are limited to, at the option of Koala, the repair or replacement of the defective item, provided that such item is returned to Koala, transportation prepaid, for Koala's inspection and approval.